Friday, March 14, 2008

tegan and sara

Tegan and Sara aren't Pump artists, but their fifth album "The Con" has been in slot 4 of my cd-player for weeks now. They're twin sisters from Calgary, Alberta. Currently, Tegan lives in Vancouver (a city close to my heart) and Sara lives in Montreal. I'd say for about the last 25 week-days or so, this song has been key to my morning routine: Wake up, hit the shower, eat cereal with Kale and Habibi, run out the door, realize I've forgotten my cell phone, run back in and grab it, rev up the 'ole Prius, and skip straight to track 6 for a great morning-drive soundtrack. Saw a video of them recording this a while back and learned a whole bunch of cool studio tricks like throwing a mic on a bottle of sunflower seeds (which shaking) to emphasize the crisp snare-rattle. Check out their fantastic final product:
back in your head

No comments: