Thursday, March 13, 2008

that sea, the gambler

I love my job at Pump Audio. I listen to music all day. As a classifier for our ever-expanding catalog, I screen the submissions that come in from independent artists all over the world. Some days I hear a lot of good music. Some days I hear a lot of what we like to call "average" music. Most days it's a stew. But then there are days like today when I come across a real gem -- a song or an album that warms me to the core of my soul and makes me want to listen over and over and play it through speakers big enough to wash through the whole Hudson River.

So today was pretty much a regular day until the album "That Sea, the Gambler" by Gregory Alan Isakov (of The Freight) played through my speakers about an hour ago. First, I fell in love. Then, I added "The Stable Song" to my myspace page. Then, I said, hey...I think today's the day to actually start that music blog I've been wanting to for a long time. So thanks for the music Gregory, and for the inspiration... from now on when I hear something cool I'll post it up here for y'all to enjoy!

Here is a video-track from "That Sea, The Gambler" by Gregory Alan Isakov:
Check out this video: Black and Blue



Add to My Profile | More Videos

2 comments:

Elliott Fienberg said...

hey great to see you have a blog!

i know what you're saying about the cataloging stuff. i've taken it upon myself to create a real catalog of my music this month - it's about 220 songs and growing.

this has been quite the task listening to each one and tagging it. sometimes music is hard to describe and hard to critique - but even harder when it's your own music!

Liddy said...

Yay! You have a blog!

I liked this song, too. At first I wasn't sure about it, but when it ended, I found myself waiting for the next track expectantly. It's about time that I discovered some new bands, so I will rely on your blog for good ideas. :-)