Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Call

Local heroes: Dead Unicorn. Paul Heath (bass, vocals) and Zac Shaw (drums, vocals) rock with the raw, unbridled, masculine force of an exploding solar system -- these guys just play their wild hearts out. Let me tell you, seeing them live and feeding off/back their energy is one hell of a rush.

Dead Unicorn plays "Music For End Times", the appropriate title of their independent record label. Chris Rahm creates apocalyptic video feeds to synch up with Zac & Paul's live soundtrack. The whole experience truly makes you feel like the world is ending, and if it actually was, it just wouldn't be quite so bad to have them take us all to the other side, raging off into an incendiary blaze of glory.

The message of Music For End Times is: "Whatever you do on the last day of your life is probably what you should be doing more of in your normal, boring, everyday life." I love that. I'm gonna do that. Fuck that, I'm doing it now!

Last Call is my favorite song that they play, and it will be released on Dead Unicorn's sophomore record: Code Orange: Global Thermonuclear War, due out this fall with a tour to follow.

Chris directed and produced this amazing video and it just gives me the chills:


Dead Unicorn - Last Call from Chris Rahm on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

They sound so primal and sexual...me likey.